The first thing a Gold Coast Holistic Life Coach looks at to help improve your physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual life is…
Your ability to breathe effectively!
Breathing is breathing…Right??
- You take in air and you let air out.
- When you exercise, you breathe faster and faster.
- Breathing is something that is so simple, so natural that you never had to learn how to do it.
- You arrived into this world with your heart beating, and you knew how to breathe without anyone showing you.
Then why, by the time you reach adulthood, do so many of us breathe ineffectively?
The deep connection breathing has to the rest of your body…
- Deep breathing increases your vitality and promotes relaxation.
- When most people take a deep breath they do exactly the opposite… they suck in their bellies and raise the shoulders. This is called shallow breathing which reduces your effectiveness in providing your body with essential oxygen.
- To learn how to breathe deeply you must understand the function of the chest, the diaphragm, and your internal organs.
- When you have unnecessary tension in your muscles… you-restrict-your-breathing!
- And let’s not forget how important your chakras are to this process
The diaphragm is your body’s most efficient muscle for breathing
A large, dome-shaped muscle located at the base of the lungs, the diaphragm is a natural partition between your heart, lungs, and all other internal organs.
- The top of the diaphragm supports your heart, and the bottom section is attached around the lower ribs where it connects with the lumbar vertebrae.
- When you breathe in (inhale), your diaphragm moves downward.
- As you breathe out (exhale), it moves up.
- The expansion of the abdomen, rather than your chest, is a healthier and fuller way to ingest oxygen into the body.
- The abdominal muscles help move the diaphragm and give more power to empty your lungs.
Deep breathing is not only important for your health; it’s a vital part of your spiritual development fora life filled with purpose, passion, harmony, and happiness!
Inside a Holistic Life Coach program, learning how to breathe effectively increases your wellbeing, energy, vitality and promotes relaxation
When your breathing is natural and deep, your breathing slows down.
When this process combines with the rhythmic pumping of your diaphragm, abdomen and belly your parasympathetic nervous system is turned on.
In other words, your relaxation response begins.
When all these areas work in harmony…
- The up and down diaphragm movements
- The inward and outward movements of the stomach, ribcage, and lower back begin to massage your inner organs
- Blood flow is promoted
- Detoxification takes place
- The Lymphatic System (an important part of your immune system) pumps more efficiently
You begin to move toward a balanced life in body, mind, spirit, and emotions.
To continue your Holistic Life Coach journey into a happy, healthy Gold Coast lifestyle, call…
0418 275 824
And we’ll talk about how you can start unlocking the new you.
Look forward to your call.
Yours in health,
Karen Mudie, founder Core Holistics
Awaken your Natural Healing Energy